Roblox is an online game platform or more of a game creating system in which the users can upload their own games and also play different games that are made by the other users.
This platform allows users to create and upload games from various genres such as obstacle courses, open-world games, racing games, mind games, and much more.
Sometimes, Roblox might give you an error called error code 277. This is something very common with various other users too. Whenever this error pops up, people started thinking about what does Roblox error code 277 mean?
What is Roblox Error Code 277?
Whenever this error pops up, it comes with a message saying, ‘lost connection to the game server’. This generally is a connection error in which Roblox is unable to connect to its servers.
The reason is still unknown why does this happen, but this error can be seen mostly when the internet connection is slow, or the WIFI is not working properly or even if there are server failure issues.
Apart from this, sometimes the issue can be from the Roblox server itself. It has been observed quite often that Roblox server got stuck in between or keeps disconnecting on its own. If this is the case, then it is sure that the Roblox team already knows about the error and are trying to deal with error 277 and how to fix it.
Why does Roblox error 277 keeps popping up?
Above are some of the reasons because of which this error code 277 keeps coming again and again. But apart from that, there are some other reasons too which might be the culprit for this error.
One such thing could be corrupted files. It is possible that somehow the system files of your Windows 10 PC, laptop, or phone might get corrupted due to which Roblox is unable to run some files and gives this error.
Another thing could be bugs in the Roblox server. These bugs might damage the connectivity of the server with the user. Therefore, the company might shut down the servers for fixing purposes causing inconvenience to the user.
How to fix Error code 277 on Roblox?
Well once we get this error, what else can we do rather than asking how to get rid of error code 277 on Roblox? But that is not the case anymore. We have shortlisted some best working fixes and solutions to this error. We have made sure that the error code 277 gets solved and might not appear in the future.
1. Try to run Roblox in Compatibility mode:
Compatibility mode encourages the Operating System to work appropriately consequently on the off chance that you have prior error code 277 Roblox.
At that point this issue can be corrected by showing the game in a good mode to following the means recorded beneath:
- Right-click on Roblox and go to “properties“.
- Go to “compatibility” and configure according to your windows.
- Press “Apply” and check for the error.
2. Switch to a different network for a while:
As we know that error code 277 is a connectivity error, it is possible that that connectivity error might be because of the network you are connected to. Try switching to a different network of a few days and check for the error again.
3. Delete the Roblox Log Files:
Logs are answerable for keeping up the information on various occasions either those are identified with programming or any application. Now and again, this information gets adulterated and causes the glitch.
Consequently, erase the log and temp documents by following the means given beneath:
- Press “Windows + R” Key at the same time to open the “Run” dialog.
- Now copy and paste or type in the following without quotes: “%localappdata%\Roblox\logs” and hit “Enter”.
- Now press “Ctrl + A” to select all files and “Delete” everything in the folder.
- Now open once again the “Run” dialog.
- Now copy and paste or type in the following without quotes: “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\” and hit “Enter”.
- Do the same again press “Ctrl + A” to select all files and “Delete” everything in the folder.
- After complete the task open Roblox again to check is Roblox error code 227 fixed or still coming.
4. Reset Internet options and update browser:
You can without much of a stretch reset your web settings and channel the substance going to your program just by changing web choices. On the off chance that you run over error code 277 in Roblox, at that point quite possibly a portion of the game highlights are obstructed in your Internet Options.
Here steps follow and reset internet options settings and update your browser:
- Go to the search bar and type “Internet options” hit “Enter”.
- Then Select the “Advanced” tab and Click on “Reset”.
- In the next popup box ask you “Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?” Click on “Reset”.
Now next step to do update your browser if you’re using chrome then follow the steps to update.
- First open chrome on computer.
- Now at the top right corner, click on three dots.
- Then Click on “Help” and in dropdown Click on “About Google Chrome”.
- Now Google chrome will check for update automatically.
- After update 100% Click on “Relaunch”.
5. Roblox Utility tool:
In the event that you are not a specialist in IT and think that it’s hard to solve this error by tweaking settings of your PC then the most productive solution for you is to utilize the Roblox Utility tool.
This Utility tool will naturally examine for bugs on your PC and fix them with the goal that you don’t experience this mistake later on.
- First, you need to download the error 277 Roblox utility tool on your computer.
- Install the Roblox utility tool program then click the “SCAN NOW” button.
- After the complete scan click on the Fix Errors button.
- Wait for a moment it takes several minutes to fix the errors.
- When it’s fixed you have to Restart your computer.
Roblox Error 277 is an irritating issue that can show up because of various reasons.
These are on the whole the working answers to take care of the issue. You’d have the option to dispose of the mistake subsequent to utilizing these.
Be that as it may, on the off chance that you are as yet enduring with the issue, at that point you have just a single choice left.
You need to uninstall Roblox, clear the extra information, and afterward re-introduce it from the official site. That will take care of all the current issues.