If you’re using a Windows 10 PC, you are likely to experience Sticky keys by feature.
This feature, when enabled, either on purpose or by accident, ensures that the modifier keys on the keyboard stay active even if they are not being pressed.
When we say modified keys, we mean the “Ctrl” and “Alt” buttons.
This feature was specially introduced since Windows 7 model to cater to the need of people who are impaired physically.
This was meant for people having difficulty in pressing two or more keys together at an instance.
For example, when you want capital letters while typing, you press the keys Shift + the letter you need in Upper Case.
If you have Sticky Keys on, even by mistake, you won’t require to press the Shift key any longer.
You can enjoy the auto-effect of modifier keys as long as the Windows 10 Sticky keys are turned on.
How to Turn off Sticky Keys in Windows 10?
If you want to turn off sticky keys on your Windows 10 Pc, Then you have to press the “Shift” key five times to disable or enable the feature.
we have more best tips for you below are the 5 common methods that you can follow to disable sticky keys popup.
Method 1: Temporary termination with “2-key-press-process”:
A simple yet temporary method for turning off the sticky keys. All you need to do is press any 2 function keys from the below together.
⇧ Shift+ Ctrl+ Alt or ⊞ Windows Logo Key
This will definitely turn this shortcut key off on an immediate basis. But this will not be a permanent solution.
Method 2: Turning off Sticky keys from Desktop icon:
Sticky keys when turned on leave its icon on the desktop in the form of a white miniature white-colored keyboard at the bottom on the taskbar. You can turn the shortcut key off from this icon by the below steps.
- Double-click on the “Sticky Icon” on the taskbar.
- As soon as the pop-up screen opens, locate the option “Turn on Sticky Keys” and click to uncheck the box beside it.
- Also uncheck the box that says, “Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times”.
This will ensure that the key is turned off permanently and avoid any accidental switching on.
Method 3: Turning off Sticky keys on the unavailability of Icon on taskbar:
In case, the Sticky key icon doesn’t appear on your toolbar, you can follow the below steps:
- Click on the “Windows” icon on your screen or the button on your Keyboard.
- At the “Search” bar type “Ease of Access” and press “Enter”.
- In the new screen click on the link “Ease of Access Keyboard Settings”.
- At the settings screen, you will find the “Sticky Keys” switch as turned “On”. Toggle this switch “Off”.
- Also, remember to “turn off” the shortcut switch to avoid any future lapsing possibility.
Method 4: Turn off Sticky Keys from Control Panel:
Simple Steps Again to Follow:
- Press the keys “Windows + R” to open the “Run” page.
- Type in the command “control” in the run dialogue box.
- Press the “OK” button and continue opening the “Control Panel” window.
- Locate “Ease of Access Center” on the control panel windows, click on the link “change how your keyboard works”.
- You will get a pop-up window showing the term “Turn on Sticky Keys”. Click to uncheck the box beside this link.
- Press “OK” to close the window and complete the process.
Method 5: Turn off Sticky keys from Keyboard settings:
Follow the below steps to turn the Sticky Keys off from keyboard:
- Press the keys “Windows + I” to get access to settings of your Windows 10 PC.
- Scroll, locate, and click on the link “Ease of Access”.
- In the settings page locate the link “Keyboard” on the left panel of the page and click on that.
- Once Keyboard settings open, locate the “Sticky Keys” Switch.
- Toggle the key to “Off” from settings.
The above methods are simple and effective for turning off Sticky Keys. You can choose any of them to have the work done.