Fix The No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error
1: Reboot your computer
There some times when no audio output device is installed can be caused when the hardware settings in your device are changed when you load your windows and this can create issues with hardware such as audio devices.
If you want to stop this issue from occurring then you have to stop disassembling your pc while your pc is booting up. Once the Pc is booted up, you can disassemble parts like a mouse, printer, or keyboard form your desktop.
So, to restore the hardware configuration on your computer you can reboot it and the no audio output device is installed problem will be fixed.
2: Reinstall the Device Driver
You can try one of the most efficient methods to fix the no audio output device is installed error on your computer. For this, first, you have to remove the current corrupted sound driver and then install a new one instead of a Microsoft website.
Follow these steps for this process:
1. First of all, open the device manager and then click on the same sound and game controller’s option.
2. Then you have to right-click on the installed driver present and then click on the uninstall device driver.
3. Now you have to restart your computer and then open the window device manager once again.
4. Then right-click on the blank right side of the window. After that scan the hardware changes by pressing on the same to detect sound drivers available.
5. Then install the sound driver by right-clicking on it and selecting install.
3: Use the Audio Troubleshooter
This is a feature that has the specialty of automatically detecting any issues that are concerned with audio and sound devices. So, you can follow the given steps provided below to use this audio troubleshooter feature provided to fix the No audio output device is installed error:
1. First, you have to right-click on the sound icon present on your system which is showing you the Red Cross and the error tab. This icon is present at the bottom right side of your screen on your computer. Now you have to click on troubleshoot sound problem option there.
2. This audio troubleshooter feature is going to automatically scan your computer to check any kind of audio problems. Give your device some time so that it can complete the process as it will take up a few minutes.
3. Once you are done with the troubleshooting process on your device, it is going to automatically go to show you the result and must have made some necessary changes to your device.
4. After this, you can check no audio devices are installed windows 10 is resolved or not.
5. If it still doesn’t work and still displays the, No audio output device is installed windows 10 hp error then you can click on the Explore Additional Options button on your Troubleshooting results box. You can also move on to the other methods of reinstalling the audio driver on your computer.
4: Change Your Sound card
In some cases, the windows 10 no audio output device is installed error can also occur due to any problem with the computer hardware which means the sound card inside of your computer may be damaged. So, for this method, you can go to a service center or a local computer engineer to get your sound card changed as it cannot be fixed and it could not be possible for you to do it on your own without proper knowledge of hardware.
This could be possible in some rare cases but still, you can consider it.
5: Use Scan now to Fix the Driver
This is one of the other solutions that many users have tried, and most of the time, this method solves the installed error of the No audio output device.
1. First of all, you have to type cmd on the Cortana search menu on your device. When the Cortana search results show Command Prompt, right-click on it. Then when the popup window opens on the Cortana, click on Run as administrator
2. Then there will be a UAC prompt now and you have to click Yes there so that you can move further.
3. Then you have to write the command sfc/scannow and then press Enter.
4. This command you can see will start the scanning process automatically, and it is going to detect if there are any issues with the driver or registry.
6: Re-enable the Audio Device
You can get rid of the No audio output device is installed error by re-enabling the audio device feature
For this you can follow these steps:
- First, you have to press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to give a Run command to your system. Then type devmgmt.msc in the Run Window and then click on ok button.
- Then you have to find the Sound, video and game controllers in the displayed list on your computer and then click on it to maximize it.
- Now you have to click on the enable button when the popup window appears on your desktop to enable your audio device again and your no audio device is installed error will be resolved.
7: Update Outdated Audio Device Drivers
The problem No audio device has installed error can also be caused due to the absence of the latest drivers not present in your computer system that needs to be updated.
To resolve this method you can use the tool Driver Easy which will automatically scan your system’s driver and will automatically look for the drivers suitable for your system.
As the suggests, Driver Easy makes it very easy for you to escape the difficult task of finding the most suitable driver that is going to match up to the needs of your device and will then automatically download it.
With the help of Driver Easy you can also update the obsolete drivers by following the given steps below:
- First of all, you have to download and install the driver easily on your computer.
- Then you have to open the driver easily and click on the scan now option. Driver Easy will then automatically scan your device now, and it is going to detect if there are any wrong drivers that are present in your device.
- After that, you have to click on the Update option which is located just below the Scan now option so that you can download and install the correct drivers for your computer.
- You can also click on the Update All option if you want to download the latest version of all the drivers that are not compatible with the features of your system and have become outdated or missing from your computer. (If you want to do the same then you need to have the Pro version of the Driver Easy tool for which you may have to pay a smaller amount of money which will make your process even more straightforward and efficient to use).
8: Use Microsoft System Restore Feature
If you want to fix the No audio output device has installed error on your device you can also use the HP System Recovery method or the Microsoft System Restore feature. This method is on the best solutions out there to solve the sound problem occurring on your computer so that you can run the sound feature smoothly once again.
- If you have no sound in your system and the sound icon still displays the no audio output device is installed error on your device, then using Microsoft System Restore will automatically restore your computer system to a time before the issue occurred. This method will also enable you to check if restoring the time resolves the issue or not. If not, you can follow the next step.
- You can also use the HP Guided Solutions that will make use of Hp system recovery and this is going to restore the system to a time when the issue was not there occurring. This is a similar method to the 1st one.
- If you are still unfortunate to get the no audio output device has installed on your computer error then you might need to take it to the service center for checking the problem regarding this issue.
The error might have to do something with your PC sound card as it can cause the sound system to stop working. To resolve this you can follow the 4th method on this list.
9: Repair Your Windows Corrupted Registry Database
Sometimes your Windows Registry Database can get corrupted due to the availability of any virus. These viruses or malware can cause harm to your computer.
It can cause you to have driver issues even with the latest sound drivers and will display such errors like No audio output device is installed error. You can opt for the Registry cleaner tool and it will help you to repair it.