The world of anime is constantly evolving and the younger fans of animation should also get the chance to evolve with it. In anime shows, people of all ages are represented, but no matter what age, gender, or sexuality, there is an anime show for everyone.
Especially the younger generation who are eager to learn about new cultures and the possibilities that come with them. This guide has compiled some of the best anime shows for younger fans who like animation.
On a side note, streaming anime for younger kids means that they need a good internet connection for seamless and lag-free connectivity. You need to have at least 10 Mbps to be able to play an animation of good quality for just one device. If there are multiple devices, you need more Mbps for your internet to work smoothly on all these devices.
Hence, you need an internet plan that is able to meet all these needs, which is why we suggest Xfinity Internet. You will find that Xfinity Internet has multiple plans, with different levels of internet speeds and accorded prices, and you can choose the ones that are best for streaming animated series.
Now that you have decided on the best internet plan for streaming animation, let’s move on to our suggestion of the top 10 anime that are best for younger fans who are into animation.
- Naruto. This is a television series that is about a young ninja namely Naruto who wants to become a Hokage a.k.a. the leader of his village. He goes on a learning journey with his mates, and that adventure leads to learning about loneliness, acceptance, strength, as well as a little mischievous exploits. Naruto is a television series that is suitable for 11 years and older kids. You can catch the Naruto series on Hulu, Netflix, Tubi TV, VuDu, Crunchyroll, the Roku Channel, etc.
- Cardcaptors/Cardcaptor Sakura is a television series that is suitable for children 8 years and older and the kids can watch it on Netflix and Crunchyroll. The story is about a girl school girl who decides to set free some magical cards, through which she discovers that she also possesses some magical power. Another female character in the series called Sakura tries her best to retrieve the cards and put them pack in the book from which they got released. There is a little bit of violence, and there are slightly intense scenes as well, but most kids would enjoy it.
- My Neighbor Totoro. This is a family movie and a favorite of many anime fans. My Neighbor Totoro is mainly about two sisters who traveled to the countryside to be closer to their mother, who is being hospitalized because of an unspecified illness. While living there and exploring, the two sisters discover some magical creatures that live in the forest. They are called Totoros. The older sister turns into a Totoro while the younger one runs away from home. My Neighbor Totoro is a family movie that everyone can enjoy. It is suitable for kids who are 4 years and older. It is currently streaming on HBO Max, Netflix, YouTube, and Vudu.
- Haikyu!! is another anime that young children would like. Suitable for children who are ten years and older, Haikyu!! revolves around Shóyó Hinata, a kid in junior high who is also short in stature. After watching another volleyball player nicknamed The Little Giant, Shóyó is inspired to play volleyball. He decides to put together a team for his school volleyball club. Haiyku!! is an inspiring story about a boy who works towards his dreams and others who help him to achieve them. Kids don’t have to be volleyball fans to like this series, but they would definitely develop an interest in playing volleyball. Haiyku!! can be streamed on Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and HiDive.
- My Hero Academia. In the world of My Hero Academia, most of the world population is born with super abilities. But the main character, Izuku, is born without any such super abilities, but that doesn’t stop him from wanting to attend the U.A. High Academy, which is the top hero academy and becoming a hero. Though Izuku feels insecure and fearful in the beginning, later he learns what it really means to be a hero. This anime series is suitable for kids around 12 years and older, and they can stream it on Netflix, Hulu, and Crunchyroll.
Apart from these, young fans of animation will find numerous other anime like Avatar: The Last Airbender, A Silent Voice, Little Witch Academia, Girls Und Panzer, Fullmetal Alchemist, and many others.
Though the anime series reflect the Japanese cultural and social norms, there are several benefits to younger fans for watching them, some of which are being exposed to a different culture to spark their learning experiences and creativity, and being able to address subject such as death, mental illness, racism and complexities of all relationships. Younger fans of anime series will definitely learn all these from their favorite anime.