Imagine this- you have saved your child’s recital pictures in your gallery, but the device is full. So, you decide to transfer them to another device- using a USB flash drive is the simplest method since it’s a portable storage device. However, it is somewhat fragile, and any damage to the device can remove all data permanently.
What to do in that scenario?
The easiest solution to recover permanently deleted photos is using reliable data recovery software, such as Wondershare Recoverit. It is a simple-to-use and efficient data recovery software with multi-format support and can recover photo files with simple steps. Besides that, other solutions are also available. Here, we discuss them all, starting with Recoverit Photo Recovery.
Part 1: Process of Using Recoverit to Restore Lost or Deleted Images from USB Flash Drives
There are some simple steps that you can follow to carefully and efficiently find and restore the deleted images from your USB flash drive.
Step 1: Download, install, and then launch Recoverit Photo Recovery on your computer. Connect your USB flash drive to your PC at this time. Make sure the USB flash drive is detected by Recoverit.
Step 2: Click on the USB flash drive on the homepage and press Start.
Step 3: Wait for the files to complete processing. You can pause or stop the scanning process if you find any file you want to recover.
Step 4: Click and preview the files like images, Office documents, videos, etc. Press the Recover button to complete.
Part 2: Why Recoverit is a Useful Photo Recovery Software
In the context of efficient data restoration processes, Wondershare Recoverit Photo Recovery is a notable solution. The software is accessible on Mac and Windows computers, and users can try it out to easily restore photos and other media files. The free version allows you to recover up to 100 MB of data.
It comes with a variety of useful recovery features, like the ability to recover 1000+ file formats simultaneously. As for a USB flash drive, the software also allows users to recover permanently deleted photos from varying storage devices.
Some Benefits of Wondershare Recoverit:
The following are some of the most notable benefits of using Recoverit in the context of how to get back deleted pictures safely.
- Users can quickly find lost data by choosing file types and formats or simply filtering by keywords.
- You can use premium-level features like creating a Bootable USB drive in case the files in your crashed computer are lost.
- The software is compatible with almost all storage devices, like USB flash drives, digital cameras, memory cards, HDDs, SSDs, external hard drives, and more.
- The quality of the images and media files does not get back while using this software for photo recovery.
- You can check if restoring the right files using the Preview functionality.
- Tech supports is available for any issues or queries 24×7.
- You can restore miscellaneous files simultaneously.
Part 3: Methods to Recover Images from USB Flash Drives with No Software
When it comes to how to recover photos, Recoverit is one of the best and easiest solutions available. However, for some users, downloading third-party software is not preferable. In this situation, the following two methods are the best options.
However, keep in mind that these methods are more complex. So, choose one carefully.
Method 1: Recover images from the Backup
One of the primary steps for photo restoration is having a backup of the files beforehand. There is a feature to use on Windows, or you can use other data backup software. However, since you are looking for a solution that does not require downloading an app, the method explained here is the Windows backup option.
Step 1: Open the Control Panel to access the system maintenance section. Click on Backup and Restore.
Step 2: When the next window appears, select them, and the “Restore my files” option will appear. Tap on it.
Step 3: Choose the files that the system most recently backed up. You can search for it through the “Browse for File” choice.
Step 4: Tap on the location to save the backup and copy the available data as needed.
The process will not work if you have not created a backup of the files first-hand.
Method 2: Recover Images using CMD
Users can run the command prompt on Windows to utilize the command line for recovering deleted files. This is useful for users who accidentally deleted photos from their flash drives.
Step 1: Attach the USB device to your system. Here, make sure that the computer system recognizes the device.
Step 2: Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard together. When the Run dialog box appears, type the term “cmd” and hit the Enter key.
Step 3: Type “chkdsk H: /f” in the command line and hit Enter. Type the drive letter assigned to your USB drive in place of the H character.
Step 4: Tap the Y key and Enter.
Step 5: Add the drive letter and then press Enter again.
Step 6: Type the terms D:\>attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.* in the next text field and press Enter. Keep the letter for your USB drive in the place of “D”. Wait for the processing to finish.
Users require some degree of technical knowledge to operate this process. So, it is not the best solution for beginners.
Part 4: Tips to avoid deleting photos on your USB Flash Drive
There are some steps you can take to avoid getting your photos removed from the USB flash drive you keep them in. Here are some tips you should prioritize to safeguard your files and avoid unnecessary image recovery processes.
- Take it out of your computer when you are not using the USB flash drive.
- Remove the device gently from the computer’s USB ports.
- Do not handle the item roughly when carrying it or using it since it is made of relatively soft material.
- Avoid defragmenting the USB flash drive you are using.
- Scan the USB drive for malware or viruses often.
- Use power suppliers like UPS to avoid disrupting the connection or sudden system shutdowns during power outages.
- Deactivate the windows pagefile on your device.
- Check the usage limits and rate of usage for the USB flash drive.
- Do not use the USB device and run the software simultaneously.
- When you are not using the USB flash drive, keep it capped.
Finally, using CMD or Windows Backup, users can restore deleted images from the flash drive on their PC. But when it comes to the best option, Recoverit stands out since it has highly useful features, the ability to recover permanently removed files, and a simplified UI. Consider all choices, however, to make the final choice.