Fixing fallout 4 crash on startup has become one of the biggest problems. But you are going to find the right solution for it. Here we have given 9 different ways to fix the problem upon which you can choose one that you are comfortable with. To start with Fallout 4 is v game from the famous fallout series which has been released on 10th November 2015. This game is available on platforms like Xbox One, Microsoft Windows as well as PlayStation.
This is perhaps one of the most interesting game and has become successful all over the world. The fallout 4 crashes on startup have been considered as the best game especially and PC. Similar to any other game even this has faced lots of issues. There are many people who often reported that fallout 4 crashes on startup windows 10. Even you may be encountered with this problem however we have come up with 9 different solutions.
This problem has persisted for a while and there are many reasons behind it. However, it is highly recommended to troubleshoot the issue thereby following any of the ways given here.
1. By modifying the video settings of your system
Most of the people have often resolved this issue the wife changing the game resolution. So to fix the fallout 4 crash on startup windows 10 issue you can follow this method.
But for this, you need to match you are in-game resolution along with the display resolution of your computer device. Once after the modification has been done then you can easily check fallout 4 has stopped working on launch to be fixed.
2. Mouse acceleration issue
This is one of the most common solutions that is often preferred by the people in order to fix fallout 4 crashing on startup problem. Follow as given below.
- Go to the C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4.
- You need to learn to locate the file named Fallout4Prefs.ini and click to open it.
- It is essential to change the iPresentinterval =1 to iPresentinterval =0.
4. Once it is done click on save option and then close the window.
5. How to verify the integrity follow The below steps.
6. Restart your device and then relaunch the steam.
7. Go to the library sections and then right click on the Fallout 4.
8. Then because of its properties and then select the local files tab.
9. Click on verify the integrity of game files button upon with the steam will verify and let you know the output.
10. Once that is done you can we launch the game and check whether the error has been fixed or not.
3. Disable the antivirus
Antivirus has the capacity to fix the issues associated with steam games. The fallout 4 ctd on startup can even be modified with the help of the anti-virus. For this, you just need to disable your software for sometime and then checked or you can even add staying in the whitelist of the anti-virus. Once you are done with this process you just need to right click on the steam and then select run as administrator option.
Alternatively, you can also go through the manual of your antivirus software in order to know how to disable the software and then enable it again. Once you enable then make sure to check that the fallout 4 crash on startup windows 10 error has been fixed by the anti-virus.
4. Making use of 64 Bit computer system
It is true to say that the game Fallout 4 cannot be accessible on 32 Bit computer. If in case you are using 32-Bit computer system then you are more likely to experience fallout 4 has stopped working on launch error. It is highly recommended to get updated with 64-bit. In order to do this, you need to have a 64-bit processor in your device. Note that the 32-bit system can never be converted into a 64-bit system. The only way is to uninstall the 32-bit system and then install the 64-bit system. If in case you are using a new computer device then you will never face any issue when installing 64-bit on your computer.
5. Updating the graphics driver
Since the steam keeps on updating in order to find the latest information in the same way it is essential to keep your graphics driver up to date from the time two time. Once you keep on updating your NVIDIA Graphic card drivers then there are maximum chances to eliminate the fallout 4 ctd on startup error. You will find the drivers updated at approximately 358.91, 358.87 and 358.50 so if you find these versions it is good to update instantly. In order to gain more stability we often recommend you to downgrade back to 355.98 version. If you do not know which version you are accessed with making sure to follow the process given here.
1. On the desktop screen just right click and then select NVIDIA Control Panel option.
2. Find the system information option which is mostly available at the bottom left corner and then open it.
3. There you will find the appropriate version of NVIDIA driver installed in your device.
If you are not convenient with this method then you can choose an alternative option by following as given here.
- Press the Windows Key + R key in order to open the run box.
2. A command window will be displayed just type “dxdiag.”
3. Select the display tab where you will find the latest version of the graphics card installed in your device.
4. Once you start updating the graphics card you will find that the game becomes more stable. And now you can very easily fix the Fallout 4 has stopped working problem by simply updating the graphics driver.
6. Delete the game files and then reload again
This is considered to be one of the most popularly used technique to resolve the issue. You just need to delete some of the files and reload them with the help of steam. By doing so you can very quickly find array with a solution for fallout 4 crashes on startup error. For this, you need to,
- Open the steam client and then go to the library section.
- Find the following 4 from the list of libraries and then right click on it and then click on uninstall option.
- A window will be popped up showing delete option just click on it.
4. Now close this steam client and then delete any files that are left over.
5. Restart your device and then reinstall the steam making use of the steam client.
6. Once you are done then the fallout 4 crashing on startup will start working as usual.
7. Make changes in the settings
The issue may be even due to some incorrect settings that have been saved automatically in your device. This is one of the ultimate solutions for Fallout 4 has stopped working windows 10 and can be fixed very easily their by following the steps given here.
1. Change the game resolution the same as that of your desktop resolution.
2. Then run the windowed mode along with the borderless option.
3. In the battery/power settings, run the game on high-performance battery mode. Especially when you are in power saving or any other performance mode.
4. Simply insert record enable intro video.
5. And then unchecked enable God Rays option found in the fallout 4 settings.
As soon as you change these settings then the fallout 4 has stopped working issue will be resolved.
8. Install the latest updates of the game
When you are using the old version of the game it might cause fallout 4 has stopped working windows 10 issue. Because as the game developers start introducing the latest version it is essential to make yourself get updated. This will however unable to increase the performance and the stability of your game. Moreover, these updates will also help in providing security to other applications thereby keeping you up to date. Therefore it is highly recommended to install the latest updates and keep your system up to date. By doing so the software will run safely and effectively on your device.
9. Check and then repair if there are any corrupted files in your device
You can even simply scan and then repair the corrupted files in your device. By doing so you will be able to remove the fallout 4 crashes on startup windows 10 and make your system more accurate. In order to do this, you should download and then install the ReimagePlus, which will automatically scan for the missing as well as corrupted files. Later on, it will also refer them. Once you are done with this then the fallout 4 game will be more fast and accurate.
However, these are some of the best ways to fix the fallout 4 crash on startup on your device. It is highly advised to go through each row in the method in order to have which one will suit you the best. By selecting the appropriate method will have your help in resolving the issue upon which you can enjoy playing the game.