A great choice among gamers for the voice and chat option, Discord is one of the finest and simplest platforms to use. Designed to allow everyone to have seamless access, this platform is very friendly and offers varied options to ease the work. But one question that revolves around the same is, “How to add roles in Discord? “
The highly customizable and easy-to-use application allows you to assign multiple roles. This makes management simple, and the assignment is quite lucid.
So, let us explore how to assign roles in Discord with reactions.
About Discord Roles
In layman’s terms, role refers to the position or designation of an individual in any setting. When we connect a role to Discord, it is linked to specific roles allotted to the participants in chat or game.
The general role assigned to everyone is the @everyone, which allows everyone all the basic permissions by default. Next is the Moderator role, which is the server administrator who can add, mute, ban, or amend the permissions for other users.
One amazing fact about the role is that you can assign multiple roles to a person. As of permissions, there are 29, which includes general, text, and voice. There are thirteen levels of server permissions, nine levels of text permissions, and seven levels of voice permissions in Discord.
1. Steps to Create Roles in Discord
The key to managing your users on a Discord server is to set up your roles correctly. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Log in to Discord > Access your server
- Right-click on the Server name
- Click on Server Settings
- Click on Roles > Click on Create roles
- A list will open with New roles
- Name the role and describe it
- Assign color and confirm
- Check all permissions you need
- Save the changes
This is the same set of steps that need to be followed for each new role creation.
2. Steps to Assign Roles in Discord
Once you have created the roles, the next question is how to assign roles in Discord with reactions? So, here are the steps to be followed:
- Once you have created the roles, it’s time to assign them
- Click on the role that you would wish to assign
- Select Manage Members > Click on Add Members
- Check the boxes > Click on Add
- The process ends here
Now, if you are looking to assign roles to multiple servers, you can simply do this as follows:
- Select the users
- Click on the + button
- Select role
Now repeat the process for each server to accomplish the same. The next question in the list that arises is how to add roles in Discord mobile.
3. Steps to Add Roles in Discord Mobile
Though Discord has a web application, the number of users using its mobile application is quite high. This calls for understanding the steps to be followed to add roles on mobile. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Log in to Discord
- Access your server using the Three Dots
- Click on Settings > Go to the Members
- Click on the username to assign the role
- Tap on checkbox
- Once done, it will add the role
4. Steps to Edit Roles in Discord Mobile
Sometimes you will need to edit the roles on Discord after being assigned or added. The steps in such a case to be followed are:
- Tap on the role to edit > Check or scroll the list
- Check or scroll the list
- Select the one that you need to edit
With these steps, the process will be complete.
5. Steps to Manage Roles in Discord
In Discord, you can create more roles and change the permissions. You might be able to get away with only defining two roles, admin and @everyone, depending on how you want to administer your server. The steps to follow are as follows:
- Select the role to change
- Select Permissions > Select Manage Members
- Now you can add or remove as your need
There are chances that you will need to delete the roles. Follow the steps in the next section to do the same.
6. Steps to Delete Roles in Discord
When there is a cluster of roles, deleting the unwanted can help smoothen the workflow. The steps to follow are as follows:
- Go to Server
- Select Server Settings
- Select Roles > Scroll to the role you wish to Delete
- Click on the Three dot button and Select Delete
- To Confirm Click on Okay
Discord is one of the finest applications to use as these offer smooth connection and access. Designed to allow the users to connect freely, it is one of the most prominent applications. Additionally, questions like how to add roles in Discord might seem a bit hard, but the truth is the steps are very simple to follow.
So, if you are planning to use Discord, follow the steps suggested above and enjoy using the application with ease.
Fix others Discord Errors