With the advent of new and better technologies, our lives have become simpler and more efficient. Likewise, with the help of instant messaging applications like Discord, staying connected is effortless. But when it comes to error, the chances of the same occurring on Discord are still there.
So, let us explore the solutions to resolve the same.
Discord is a famous group-chatting application created to provide a space for gamers to form groups and communicate. It is a chat service built exclusively for gamers to connect via text, audio, or video chat. Discord is fully free to use, with approximately 14 million gamers accessing it daily and a total of 150 million members signing up.
The most common and basic issues linked to the error stated are as follows:
- Corrupt installations or programs
- Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service is not activated
- Administrative permissions are enabled in the application
The following series of steps need to be followed for the solution:
- Navigate to the Windows Settings> Apps
- Under the Apps & Features Examine the list of programs currently installed on your computer
- From the list, Search for Discord> Click on Discord
- Select the Uninstall option and select OK
- Download the latest version of Discord > Link
- Install the entire application
- Log in using your credentials
- Press Windows + R type services.msc Press the OK button
- From the services (Local), seek for the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service.
- Double-click on it
- Change the Startup type to Automatic
- Click the Apply
- Now click on the OK button to Save Settings.
There are chances that the issue might remain. In such a case, the steps till selecting the Properties from the menu will be the same.
The rest of the steps will be as follows:
- Visit the Log On tab > Click on the Browse button
- A display box will appear
- An entry box labeled Enter the object name will be there.
- Select it
- Enter your Microsoft Windows account’s name in it.
- Press on Check Names > A pop-up will appear
- Press OK
- Type your Windows account’s password in the Password box.
Now you are ready to use the application with no more errors.
- Open the Run application by Pressing Windows + R
- A dialogue box will appear
- Type %appdata% in the space provided
- The AppData folder will now be displayed
- Click on Roaming folder and find the Discord folder.
- Delete the folder by right-clicking on it
- Before you proceed, you must confirm that Discord is not running.
- All Discord AppData folders will be deleted and stored in the recycle bin.
- Select the Empty Recycle Bin option
- Discord will generate a new set of configuration files by itself.
- Sign in again with your Discord user account
- You will now be able to access Discord without encountering any error.
Running as the administrator is the most prominent solution for most problems. But sometimes, unchecking this box can be a very useful solution.
- Right-click on the Discord application > Select Properties
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab
- Choose the Run this application option.
- Uncheck the Option to run as administrator
- To save, click OK
Fix others Discord Errors