With the increasing number of instant messaging applications, the competition between them is rising. While few applications are designed for personal messaging, others offer group messaging.
Discord’s popularity has skyrocketed in recent years, with the software currently boasting over 250 million active users. Discord is a desktop and mobile software that combines the elements of a chat room, a message board, a VoIP talking system, and an online streaming service into one tool that won’t clog your smartphone or PC’s resources.
The prominent causes of the error are as follows:
- Damaged configurations
- Corrupt installations
- An issue with the antivirus
Solution 1. Reinstall Discord
To fix this error, the user must uninstall Discord from the system and reinstall it.
- Go to the Windows 10 Settings> Apps
- Under the Apps & features You’ll need to look at the list of programs currently installed on your computer
- Search for Discord from the list
- Uninstall Discord by finding it, selecting it, and clicking the uninstall button.
- Download the Discord again using a reliable source and use the latest version >>> Link
Solution 2. Remove Antivirus
Antivirus monitors the system and prevents malware and malicious files from infiltrating it by running numerous checks and operations in the background.
If the antivirus is blocking the Discord and causing a fatal error, you must add it to the “allowed” list.
Solution 3. Remove The Discord Data From The System
So, in that case, the steps that are to be followed are as follows:
- Press Windows + R and Type %appdata% and press the Enter key.
- The AppData folder will open now
- Locate the Discord folder Right-click on the folder and delete it
- You’ll need to ensure that Discord isn’t operating before you do this.
- All the Discord AppData folders will be placed in the recycle bin.
- Use the Empty Recycle Bin option to ensure that the files have been completely removed.
- Discord will produce a fresh set of configuration files on its own.
- Sign in with your Discord user account once more.
- Now, you will be able to access Discord without any fatal error.
Solution 4. Run Discord As Administrator
The steps that are to be followed for the same are as follows:
- Right-click on the Discord application> Click on the Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab in the window opened.
- Select the Run this program
- Check to Run as an administrator option
- Select OK to Save
- Double-click Discord.exe in Windows File Explorer and run it
- Running the application as the administrator can resolve the issue.
Solution 5. Using Command Prompt
You can use Command Prompt to immediately execute a command from the command line and update the system file. To fix the Discord problem using Command Prompt, follow the steps below:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator
- To access the command, go to your “Run” box by pressing Windows+R. Enter “cmd” into the space, then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run the program as an administrator.
- Type gpupdate /force and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to end and then type Y and press Enter.
- Now use the Discord application error-free.
Solution 6. Make Changes In Service
- Press Windows + R Type services.msc and Press Enter
- A new window will open
- Search for Quality Windows Audio Video Experience.
- Double-click on it and A new dialogue box will appear> Click on Stop
- Wait for a second.
- Click on Start in the same dialogue box.
- Click on Startup Type > Set it to the Automatic option
- Click on the Tab Log On and then Click on Browse.
- In this new dialogue box, add the name of the account in Enter the object name to select.
- Click Ok.
- Now click Apply and then Ok.
Fix others Discord Errors
- 11 Ways To Fix RTC Connecting Issue on Discord
- 8 Ways To Fix Discord Cuts Out In Rainbow Six Siege Issue
- [Fix] Can’t Hear People On Discord
- Fix: Discord Screen Share No Audio | Discord Streaming No Sound
- 10 Ways to [Fix] Discord Won’t Open | Discord Not Opening