If you are into multiplayer gaming, you must be familiar with the discord screen share feature and discord legacy audio subsystem.
Well, if you are using discord for long, you must have also come across situations when you can’t hear people in discord.
When you face such issues, playing a game can be really annoying.
But what if we say, you can fix discord audio errors easily in no time? We have the perfect hacks to make your life easy with the discord sound.
Why can’t I hear people on discord?
Before we move on to the hacks, let’s first understand the reason behind why I can’t hear people on discord –
- Inappropriate settings of the audio device
- Bugs and updates of discord
- Network connectivity issues.
How to Fix Discord When You can’t Hear Anyone?
When you can’t hear people in discord issues, the first thing to do probably is to check the microphone or headphone connections.
Are the jacks properly connected to your PC? You need to ensure that both output and input ports are working.
Also, make sure that sound settings in your PC are not under mute.
When you face discord errors, using updated devices are very important. After all, faulty devices are never useful in advanced gaming platforms like discord.
If all these basic points are correct and you still have discord audio errors persisting, it’ time to try the hacks.
1. Restrict Other Apps That Can Cause Voice Impairment
If your system has any app related to calling or voice recording on your PC apart from discord, it’s likely to cause voice impairment in discord’s highly-calibrated infrastructure related to audio.
If you have such issues happening, you need to turn off these apps or even uninstall them so that they don’t clash with discord audio.
2. Input and Output Settings of Discord
If the discord output and input settings are not appropriate, an inaudible voice is common in discord.
Here is how you can fix the issue-
- Go to the discord shortcut icon on your desktop and right-click to open the app.
- Go to “User Settings” located in the bottom right corner of the landing page, just beside the Avatar picture.
- Clicking on it opens a menu on the left, click on the “Voice & Video” option.
- In the voice settings page scroll and click on “Reset Voice Settings”.
- Select the output and input devices from the voice menu correctly.
- Choose the “Default device” from the option. In case this doesn’t work, a gaming headset with an in-built microphone is the best choice for the input-output device.
- If the audio error is repaired, you will be able to hear a “Beep” on your headphone.
- Before closing the app, don’t forget to check the Output volume slider. If it’s on “zero”, you need to increase the volume.
Just to ensure that the settings have fixed the error turn on discord and connect a voice channel.
If the sound is working correctly, the “Green-light” on your screen will glow.
See Also: 10 Best Voice Changer Apps for Discord
3. Fix Windows Audio settings
This is one of the simplest ways to resolve the sound error in discord. If you are facing audio troubleshooting is discord, your Windows audio setting might need fixing to “Default”.
How can you set up default devices for communication on a Windows 10 PC?
- Go to the “Speaker” icon on the right side of the taskbar and right-click to open.
- Select the “Playback devices” option from the menu.
- When the device list opens, navigate to the “Playback” tab and click.
- Find a device of your choice and right-click to open it.
- From the pop-up context menu select the “Set as Default Device”.
- Whichever device you set as default will get a green tick beside their device icon.
- Now click on the “Apply” tab to confirm changes.
The audio should perform nicely by now.
4. Use of the Legacy Audio Subsystem
The majority of the users have successfully solved audio errors by turning on the Discord legacy audio subsystem.
Why do we claim the audio subsystem to be effective? There might be situations when your audio hardware is not compatible with the discord app.
The incompatibility will surely cause audio problems. This where the Legacy subsystem plays its part.
How to use the Audio Subsystem of discord work?
- Open your discord app from the desktop.
- Navigate to the “User Settings” option beside the user avatar on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click on the “Audio & Video” Tab
- In the device list, locate the “Use Legacy Audio Subsystem”.
- Toggle the button beside the “Use Legacy Audio subsystem” to “on” mode.
- Click on the “OK” tab to confirm changes in the settings.
- Press the “Esc Button” to close the App settings.
5. Make changes in the advanced settings of Discord
Making changes in the advanced settings of discord to fix audio errors, is almost similar to activating legacy subsystem.
The process of changing the advanced settings are-
- Open the Discord app.
- Right-click to open the “User settings”.
- Open the “voice & video” option.
- In the voice and video settings, locate the “Advanced” settings menu.
- In the drawer-styled menu, select the “Audio subsystem” option.
- Set the settings mode to “Standard”.
- Discord asks for your permission to make changes, press the “OK” option.
Before leaving the page, ensure the “Ensure Quality of Service High Packet Priority” is disabled. If not, toggle the button to disable these advanced settings.
6. Refresh Settings
As mentioned before, discord bugs are one of the common reasons behind causing audio troubleshooting. Automatic discord updates often resolve such errors.
If you are facing an audio issue on discord, you can manually set in the updates by refreshing the app settings.
How to do it? Simple, press the keys “Ctrl + R” simultaneously to refresh your discord app.
All these hacks will surely help you to resolve audio errors. But if you don’t want to try them and get into the game instantly, you can always visit the web version of discord at discordapp.com.
Tips for You: