There are many online streaming applications developed until now in the world. One of them and a leading premium streaming application is HULU.
Although being the top streaming platform, having an error on these types of applications is common these days.
One of the common errors which appear maximum time is error code P-DEV320.
These Error codes may flash on many devices while streaming online like Xbox One, iPhone, Roku, Android, and Smart TV’s as well.
This error appears while a person is watching a movie, episode, or any live event.
Causes of HULU Error code P-DEV320:
There might be many reasons for this error, some of them are mentioned below.
- The bug from the providers (HULU) end
- Network and Connectivity issue
- Outdated application or web browser on your device
There are other error codes like P-DEV318 and P-DEV322 with similar causes of happening while streaming on HULU.
How to Fix HULU Error Code P-DEV320:
There are many ways to fix the error code P-DEV320, and some of the ways are mentioned below.
Method #1- Clearing Cookies and Cache:
The HULU apps store cookies and cache on your devices which is used to increase the performance of the application but many times the data gets corrupted and this leads to the streaming problem.
Therefore, if the error code P-DEV320 occurs you should clean your cache and cookies once.
Process of clearing these data on different devices:
For Android Smart TV, Phones, and Tablet:
- Go to settings, in settings click on apps.
- Now, click on the HULU app and move to storage
- Click on clear cache and cookies
For iPhones and iPads:
- Go to setting
- Now, go to the general section and click on the storage
- Now, tap on HULU app and uninstall the app
- After uninstalling the application reinstall the app from apple store
For Apple TV:
- The only possible way to clear cache and cookies on apple TV is to uninstall the application and then again reinstall the application.
For Xbox One:
- Go to Menu
- Click on My Games and Apps
- Now select apps and then highlight the HULU app
- Now select on the menu button of your controller
- Select manage apps
- Now clear data
- Select Home on the Main Menu
- Now from the remote press home button five times
- Now press UP button
- Now press the Rewind button and Fast Forward button two times
- The data will be cleared.
Method #2- Internet Connectivity:
- Remove all the other devices which are connected with your home network
- Now, close all the background apps on your device
- Now, connect your device to the router using Ethernet Cable
- Place the router near your device
The following speeds are needed to watch or stream properly on your HULU application.
- Up to 3Mbps for movies, episodes
- Up to 8Mbps for Live streaming
- And, more than 12Mbps is needed for 4K Content
With low internet speed, you can also watch everything, but the video quality will decrease.
Method #3- Performing Power Cycle:
- Switch off your every device in which the error is appearing including your router or modem.
- Wait for a few minutes and then switch on your device
What happens is at many times there is server maintenance going on or some other issue from the company itself.
So after doing all the possible ways to fix the error and the error code still flashes on your device then you should check your notification on your HULU app about any information about server maintenance or still you haven’t got any details there you should check their website or social media account like twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
Still, if you are not satisfied with the information you got you can always email them on their official Email-Id or can write them on their community site.
Hulu, being a world-renowned application needs to maintain its technical excellence in the market. Some errors like PDEV-320 might just hamper its image and lead to fewer subscriptions in the coming times.
Hulu error code P-DEV320 turns out to be resolvable and the members should not worry about it.