A Hulu Error Code, while you are streaming content online, can be very disturbing. Hulu users often reported having faced Hulu Error Code 2 (-998). It is a temporary error code that you can resolve in a few troubleshooting steps.
Hulu error code prompts on your screen mostly when there is an internet connection error. Even an outdated software or incompatible device can trigger the problem.
This article will discuss all the issues that can initiate a Hulu Error Code 2 (-998) and how to resolve them easily in this article. However, if the error happened because of Hulu server issues, then none of the fixes will work. You will have to wait for the Hulu server to resume.
How To Fix Hulu Error Code 2 (-998)?
Hulu Error Code 2 (-998) is a temporary error, and here we have 5 perfect solutions to fix the problem to resume online streaming.
Fix 1: Force Shut Down The Hulu App
The force closure procedure for the Hulu app varies with the device you use for streaming content online.
Force app closure on Android Tablets and phones:
- Go to your Android phone “Settings.”
- Open “App” > select “All apps.”
- Open the “Hulu app settings” in a tab.
- Click on the “Force Stop” option > Select “Yes” to confirm your action.
- Restart your phone followed by the application and check if the error persists.
Force closure for Android TV:
- Open your Android TV > Navigate to the “Settings” page from your home screen
- Go to “Application.”
- Click on “Hulu” from the installed app list.
- Select the “Force Stop” option to terminate Hulu App
- Relaunch Hulu on your Android TV
- Power Cycle the TV
- Check for the persistence of the error code.
Fix 2: Shut Down The Online Hulu Streaming Device
- Press and hold the power button on your Android phone to turn off the device.
- For Android TVs, press the dedicated power button on your remote to turn off the device.
- Once the device is shut down, power off your router and modem. If you are using Hulu on your mobile with cellular data, enable Flight Mode on your Smartphone and disable the data.
- Unplug all the devices connected to the Android TV from the power source
- Leave all devices in an idle state for a few minutes.
- Reconnect all the devices
- Power on the devices and check if the error persists
Once you power cycles the streaming device and other related devices, it refreshes the connection. Refreshing your connection is one of the simplest ways to fix all temporary glitches on your system and hence prevent the Hulu Error Code 2 (-998).
However, if the issues still exist, you need to check your internet connection. Use a speed testing tool and ensure that your internet has a minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps to run Hulu.
Apart from testing your internet speed, you also need to check the services of other apps on your device. Are other applications on your Android also getting affected because of network problems?
If there is an issue with the network, other apps will face similar errors. If not, approach Hulu online customer support and ask for a fix.
Fix 3: Look for Pending Updates on Hulu
Different devices have different processes for updating Hulu.
Looking for updates on Android tablets and phones:
- Open your Android PlayStore
- Look for Hulu under installed apps
- Click on the update button under the app to download and install the available updates
- Restart your Smartphone and launch the updated application.
Looking for updates on Android TV:
- Go to your Android TV Home Screen > Select and open “Apps.”
- Click on the “Google Play Store” option.
- Open “My Apps”
- Locate Hulu in the App list and click on “‘Update.”
- Wait for the TV to download and install the updates.
- Reboot the device and check if the issue persists
Or follow the link to know how to check for app and system updates.
Fix 4: Clearing Cache Memory and Data
Clearing data and cache for Android Tablets and phones:
- Go to phone settings
- Click and open Apps
- Tap on Hulu > Got to Storage
- Select the “Clear Cache” option
- Tap on the “Clear data” option next and repeat it twice.
Clearing data and cache for Android TV:
- Go to your Android TV home screen > Open “Settings.”
- Navigate to Applications > Select “Hulu.”
- Click on the “Clear Cache” followed by the “Clear Data” option.
- Restart the application and look for improvements
💡Tips: If your device not listed then check how to clear cache and data on hulu for different devices.
Fix 5: Uninstall and Reinstall The Hulu App
On your Android or online streaming device, go to the Settings page and follow these steps-
- Go to “Apps” > Select “Hulu“
- Tap the “Uninstall” button
- Open PlayStore > Type “Hulu” and search
- Click on the “Install” button to reinstall the application
- Restart the device and check if the error persists.
💡Tips: If your device not listed then check how to uninstall and reinstall hulu for different devices.
Fix 6: Connect with Hulu Support Team
Connecting with Hulu online chat support is probably the easiest way to understand the source of the problem and how to resolve it.
To get it done, you need to have all your account-related information. Only the Hulu team will know the subscriber or device-specific solution.
Contact directly on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hulu just tweet your problem the support team will reply immediately and give you the solution to fix errors that you facing on Hulu.
You can ask or find answers and helpful tips here for Hulu: https://community.hulu.com/s/questions
Hulu Error Code 2 (-998) is a common error used while streaming content online on Android devices. However, there is no official troubleshooting solution from Hulu’s end on this.
The troubleshooting tips mentioned above are general solutions that have successfully fetched positive results for Hulu users.
See Also How To Fix Other Hulu Errors: