Hulu subscribers often complain about the Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78 while streaming videos online on their PC.
Hulu is globally on-demand for streaming movies and TV shows in different countries. Naturally, Hulu servers remain busy round the clock. However, to operate Hulu and stream online videos, you need to have a compatible device with updated software.
When you have a browser failure or outdated software on your system, you will likely face the Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78. Mac, Linux, and even Windows users have complained of facing this error code while streaming videos online.
An error message stating, “Error playing video. We’re having trouble playing this video right now. If this problem persists, try restarting your device,” always accompanies the error code.
Why Does Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78 Occur?
There are 4 major reasons behind the Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78.
1. Server Issues from Hulu: DRMCDM error code can trigger during online streaming or loading a video when there is a server issue from Hulu. If the server issue happens from Hulu’s end, you will have no control over it. All you can do is wait for Hulu to resolve the error.
2. Outworn Browser: If you are using an old browser to access the Hulu website, it will trigger error messages. Your browser will change its repository from time to time. Hence, after a certain time, your browser no longer remains capable of following streaming protocols by Hulu. Updating the browser to its latest version will resolve the DRMCDM78 error code.
3. Corrupted Cache Data: Is your internet browser storing corrupted temp files? Corrupted data interferes with your browser cache and triggers Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78, hampering your online streaming experience. You can clear cache after a certain time of browser used to remove all corrupted data.
4. IP/TCP issue: If your PC’s IP or TCP values are inconsistent, it will lead to internet connectivity issues. Naturally, the poor internet connection will pose an obstacle for Hulu during fetching content from its servers. Thus, the error message triggers your system.
5 Ways To Fix Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78
Now that you know the reasons behind the Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78, you can follow these four methods to resolve the four different causes.
Solution 1: Hulu Server Status Check
Are you facing Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78 on your system?
Do you want to ensure if it is a server error? Check social media platforms or with the Hulu website for Outage Report, IsITDownRightNow, or Down Detector.
If other users are reporting similar errors from your region, it is surely a server problem, and it is not much you can do about it.
You need to wait for Hulu to resolve the server error. You can seek assistance from Hulu’s official support team.
Solution 2: Update Your Browser
You must be cautious about your browser updates on your PC. It is similar to check app updates from PlayStore.
Either update your browser settings to update to the latest version automatically or keep track of the latest version and download the update manually.
An outdated browser will easily trigger Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78. If you face an error while streaming a movie online, you can update your browser and see if the error persists.
Updating the browser usually fixes all browser-specific errors and bugs.
How to update your browser?
Updating Google Chrome on Mac and Windows PC:
- To update Google Chrome open the browser.
- Copy this URL: chrome://settings/help and paste in the search bar of your chrome browser.
- After open “About Chrome” If updates are available, it will start downloading automatically > After a complete update click on Relaunch.
- Try to run Hulu and stream the video.
Updating Google Chrome on Linux:
- Launch the Terminal > Type “sudo apt-get update”> Press “Enter”
- Press “Y” to confirm a prompt message
- Type or copy & paste the command “sudo apt-get –only-upgrade install google-chrome-stable” > Press “Enter”
- Launch Google Chrome once installed to the latest version > Open Hulu and stream.
Updating Mozilla Firefox on Mac and Windows:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser > Click on the “Hamburger button” icon or the action button on the right upper side of the browser.
- Select “About Firefox” > Let the browser search for updates automatically.
- Click on “Restart to update Firefox” if the search result shows available updates.
- Click on “Yes” to confirm and initiate the update process.
- Once updated, relaunch the Firefox browser > Open Hulu and check for error messages.
Updating Mozilla Firefox on Linux:
- Launch Terminal (For Debian/Ubuntu Linux) > Type “$ sudo apt=get update” > Press Enter.
- Type “$ sudo apt-get install firefox” > Press “Enter”.
- When prompted, press “Y” for confirming.
- Launch Firefox when done > Open Hulu and check for error
If you are using browsers like CentOS, Redhat, or Fedora, you need to use GUI or YUM tool and run the below commands for updating your browser-
- Launch Linux Terminal > Type “# yum update” > Press “Enter”.
- Type “# yum update firefox” > Press Enter.
Solution 3: Clear Cache from The Browser
The cache clearing procedure varies with the browser you use to stream Hulu. Google Chrome users can follow the below steps to clear cache memory from the browser-
- Open your Google Chrome browser >Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Select “Time Range” > Choose “All Time”
- Tap and check all options > Click on “Clear Data.”
Clearing cache memory on other browsers is also very similar to that of Google Chrome.
💡Tips: If your device not listed then check how to clear cache and data on hulu for different devices.
Solution 4: Reset or Restart Your Router
The Internet connection can be one of the major reasons behind the Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78. Restarting your router can possibly fix the error.
- Press the On-Off button on the back of your router > Turn it to cut off power.
- Unplug the router power cable from the power outlet source > Leave it for 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable > Restore power on the router > Press the Power on-off button to “On” mode and restart the router.
If restarting your router failed to remove the Hulu error code, you can try to reset the router. However, you must remember that resetting your router will disturb your router settings, including forwarded ports, blocked connections, or whitelisted devices.
If you wish to reset your router, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the “Reset” button on your router’s back. It will be inside the case as manufacturers place it undercover to prevent accidental press.
- Open the back of your router with a screwdriver > Locate the “Reset” button > Press the button and hold for 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on your router start flashing.
If your router ISP uses PPPoE or Point to Point Protocol over Internet, you need to reinsert all the credentials your ISP provides.
Your ISP will prompt credentials upon successful completion of the procedure to restore your access to the internet.
Solution 5: Connect with Hulu Support Team
Connecting with Hulu online chat support is probably the easiest way to understand the source of the problem and how to resolve it.
To get it done, you need to have all your account-related information. Only the Hulu team will know the subscriber or device-specific solution.
Contact directly on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hulu just tweet your problem the support team will reply immediately and give you the solution to fix errors that you facing on Hulu.
You can ask or find answers and helpful tips here for Hulu: https://community.hulu.com/s/questions
Fixing Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78 is simple. There are four major reasons behind the error. Understand the solutions to fix each of the four troubling factors, and the error message will be removed in no time.
See Also How To Fix Other Hulu Errors: